Tag Archives: portrait session
Wedding Photos that Capture Your Special Day
On your wedding day, you want to enjoy and remember every minute of the ceremony and all of the celebrations. We capture your special day in photos that will take your breath away. We’re always looking for the moments we know you’ll want to look back on and enjoy. Whether it’s the special embrace between parents and a bride, or a surprising moment during the party — we take the photos that we know will bring you right back to that memory. And, you’ll be able to enjoy that trip back down memory lane to those special moments for years to come.
TAP HERE to book a spot and mention
this blog post in your message.
We appreciate how much trust our clients invest in us as their wedding photographer. We were especially excited that Shelly Fagin Danz, Producer at Atlanta Wedding Extravaganza and Founder and Chief Party Officer at Atlanta Mitzvah Connection, recommended us to her father to photograph his recent wedding. Since Shelly is connected to all of the best vendors in the city, we were so thrilled to be chosen to document this beautiful, joyful wedding! As you can see, the bride and groom (above) had so much fun, and so did their guests at this gorgeous event.
The Atlanta Jewish Times featured their beautiful event and our photos in a story this week. Tap here to view it.
We hope you can tell by viewing these images how we capture the entire day. We photograph all of those special times you’ll want to remember and the moments you’d never know about until you see the photos we take. Our favorites are the pictures when we preserve those unexpected moments — like when the bride really sees herself all ready for the walk down the aisle. It’s so much fun to preserve all of the joy and fun of your special day! We know you’ll want beautiful memories of every part of your event – including the flowers and decor. We do not disappoint!
Engagement Photos As Unique As You
- Don’t forget the engagement session! We arrange to shoot you and your beloved and create photos that represent you and your life together. Whether that involves traditional or playful shots, we ensure that your photos tell YOUR story.
TAP HERE to get in touch.
Albums: We Create a Gorgeous Keepsake to Remember Your Big Day!
Our packages include post-production, moment-based documentary coverage of all of your celebratory events, including rehearsal dinners and celebrations. Files are available on USB with or without album purchase, but check out these album pages. You will love the 10×10 spreads (shown here) or 8×10 spreads (below). Once you select your favorite pictures, we put the album together to tell the story of your special day. It will be a keepsake you will appreciate and pass down.
You can even order extra copies for family members who will appreciate the opportunity to review photos from the day for years to come.
Videography, Photo Booth, Green Screen, Onsite Printing: We Offer It All!
We also offer videography coverage, including post-production, a celebration sizzle reel and extended video of the ceremony if you wish. Plus, we can arrange photo entertainment, such as a photo booth, light graffiti or a green screen with onsite printing, social media sharing and customized folios. We also offer a signing book or signing board with a mat if you’d like to provide a special place for people to leave notes for you. Plus, if you’d like a montage, we can create that, too.
Contact us to talk about how we can help document your wedding festivities.
TAP HERE to Get Started
Don’t Forget to Schedule Fall Family Portraits! Tap Here to Learn More
Capture those Special Moments with Dad
Make the fathers in your life feel special and create lasting memories! Arrange for the one gift any dad (or dad-to-be) will love for Father’s Day: a family photoshoot in our backyard studio.
Book now and present Dad with a gift certificate for professional portraits taken in our outdoor studio, which is specially designed to include elements representing water, wood, air and earth. Give the gift only you can give!
From now through Father’s Day 2021, we are offering two “Daddy Discounts” on purchases of photoshoots in our Decatur Backyard Studio to make your gift-planning easy! Choose between:
- 10% off a full sitting (regularly $225)
- A 1/2-hour mini-session for only $100 (regularly $125).
TAP HERE to book a spot and mention this blog post in your email.
Don’t miss this special opportunity to capture moments like this with dads and their children – or dads-to-be:
Anyone booking time for a backyard studio session is in for a treat! Playful sessions are designed to be an adventure.
Here’s just a taste of what you can expect:
- AIR: An easily accessible treehouse offers hanging bells, glowing lanterns, a peaceful porch swing and a free-standing swing that brings a smile to everyone’s face. You will love the relaxing hammock!
- WOOD: A log wall and fire pit are the perfect rustic backdrop for warm family photos -and- an occasional s’mores session!
- EARTH: Our small flock of hens is happy to welcome you to their coop. They’ll even share their fresh, colorful eggs.
- WATER: A soothing water feature and an in-ground hot tub encourage water play and relaxation on our lower-level, wheelchair-accessible patio. Water-themed murals provide fun backdrops.
Don’t miss this opportunity to create and save moments you’ll be thrilled to display for generations to come. Mention this blog post when you book to take advantage of the discount. Don’t delay. TAP HERE to book a spot and mention this blog post when you book your slot to take advantage of the special.
We can’t wait to help you create fun memories for Dad and the whole family!
TAP HERE to book a spot and mention this blog post to reserve a time for your favorite people.
And the chicken says…moo!
We wouldn’t have been able to finish the backyard studio without my friend Charlie’s electrical talents, so I was absolutely thrilled to have his wife, Kerri, and two beautiful little girls spend some time with us there. Their photo shoot was really fun…and so sweet!
It was Kaylee and Maddie’s first time visiting the studio so they had a lot to keep them busy. Maddie especially loved the chickens…which she insisted were saying, “Moo!” Priceless and precious.
The girls found plenty to explore and spots for climbing and balancing. Those unplanned moments ended up being some of my favorite shots.
Our swing is usually a hit with kids but having Kerri and the two girls on it all together was just the sweetest.
The only thing that would have made this more fun is if Charlie and big sister Caroline had been able to join us. We look forward to having them at the next shoot, hopefully before Caroline heads off to college. Thank you, Kerri, for sharing your time and your amazing little girls with me for the afternoon!
Join Us for Portraits and Popsicles!
Have you experienced our new backyard studio yet? Whether you dropped in on our Fall open house or you haven’t had a chance yet, our upcoming Portraits and Popsicles event on April 12th and 19th is the perfect time to pay us a visit!
We’re offering mini portrait sessions for $125–including a 30 minute session, sweet treats from King of Pops, 3 high resolution files and a 10% discount on all printing. Space is limited, so click here to reserve your session today! Once you reserve your time, we’ll send you an email with the payment link followed by a confirmation email.
Our backyard studio is the perfect location for great family portraits. Featuring the classic elements of water, wood, air and earth, the space is ideal for all families! We’ve also specially designed it for the comfort of those with sensory, physical and mental challenges. The play-based experience makes for amazing photography.
We can also take the stress out of finding the perfect Mother’s Day gifts! We can have special prints created from your session just in time to give Mom, Grandma and all of the special mothers in your life. We hope to see you at the studio!
Fun and Stress-Free Family Portraits
What to do if you find your brood of four adult kids, including one living in Texas and one recently married, will actually be together in Atlanta to celebrate the holidays for the first time in years? You recognize a rare opportunity to have a family portrait taken and call us! We’re so glad Carol Rubin had just this “aha” moment because we loved spending time with her beautiful family.
Despite a rain delay we managed to find a clear, nice day when LOF could capture their fun personalities with candid shots and formal family portraits. Their own home was the perfect setting to put everyone at ease and help them just be themselves during the shoot.
This was not a problem at all for the littlest family members, who seemed blissfully unaware that they were being photographed.
The kids’ playful spirit and insistence on having fun made it impossible for the adults — or the family pooch — to be nervous!
Since no portrait session would be complete without some mantel-worthy photographs, we also captured a few slightly more traditional family shots.
I know many families won’t brave the winter weather like the Rubins did and, if you’re in that group, I don’t blame you! But with Spring right around the corner in Atlanta–and I say this hopefully as 30 degree winds blow outside my office–many families will be hoping to do outdoor family portrait sessions. The Rubins had fun and got great results for some simple reasons that anyone can borrow:
- They didn’t spend the shoot worrying about getting the kids to stand still, be quiet, stop sticking their tongues out at each other…(fill in the blank). We captured their kids being the kids that they are at this very second in their lives. That’s the great thing about candid photography. The grownups can keep smiling for the camera and let the photographer watch the kids and catch the right moments.
- Carol shared her list of ‘must-have’ formals in advance. Then I was able to work towards shooting those and capture candid moments along the way.
- They scheduled the session with the little ones in mind. You know your kids better than anyone. Are they happier first thing in the morning? Or are they more fun after an afternoon nap? Or are they at their best beside a fire reading books and playing a few games before bed? Let that guide the time of day you choose for your shoot.
- They kept the wardrobe simple–coordinated but not matching, solids that photograph well rather than distracting prints. Wearing layers is another fun way to switch things up; a jacket or scarf can be taken off or wrapped around your waist for a different look. And being comfortable is key. It’s tough to move naturally in clothes that bind or dress shoes that pinch.